Book Review: The Goal, a must read for everyone in business

I first read "The Goal" in the 1990's wen I was consulting. I wanted to deepen my understanding of factory scheduling, but I got so much more from it. Eli Goldratt believed that writing text books as novels made them easier to read, so The Goal is written in that format. I was fascinated and consumed the whole book in 3 evenings.

Reading this book will teach you how to schedule a factory, but more importantly, it will teach you how to understand a system through understanding its bottlenecks. You will learn the Theory Of Constraints, which will help you understand constraints or bottlenecks and how they really are the key to process improvement.

Whether you are a beginner to process improvement or a six sigma master black belt, The Goal will improve the way you look at processes. If you read one book this year, select The Goal.

I re-read the Goal or I listen to it on audible once every few years and I recommend it widely.

you can buy it here:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Evolution of SAP Ariba

Why did SAP buy Qualtrics?